Graphite electrode is mainly divided into ordinary power graphite electrode, high power graphite electrode and ultra-high power graphite electrode. Graphite electrode manufacturers will introduce their respective characteristics and matters needing attention.
Ordinary power graphite electrode
The current density of graphite electrode is lower than 17A/ cm2. It is mainly used in ordinary power electric furnace for steelmaking, silicon smelting, yellow phosphorus smelting, etc.
High power graphite electrode
The allowable graphite electrode current density is 18 ~ 25A/ cm2, which is mainly used in high power electric arc furnace for steelmaking.
Ultra-high power graphite electrode
The permissible graphite electrode current density should be greater than 25A/ cm2. Electric arc furnace mainly used for ultra high power steelmaking.
Matters needing attention
1, by the wet graphite electrode, before use to dry.
2. Remove the foam protective cap on the spare graphite electrode hole, and check whether the internal thread of the electrode hole is complete.
3. Clean the surface of the spare graphite electrode and the internal thread of the hole with compressed air free of oil and water; Avoid cleaning with steel wire or metal brush emery cloth.
4. Carefully screw the joint into the electrode hole at one end of the spare graphite electrode (it is not recommended to install the joint directly into the removed electrode on the furnace), and do not collide with the thread.
5. Screw the electrode spreader (graphite spreader is recommended) into the electrode hole at the other end of the spare electrode.
6. When lifting the electrode, pad the soft material to the bottom of the spare electrode to install the joint end to prevent the ground from damaging the joint; The lifting electrode should be carried steadily to prevent the electrode from loosening from the B end or colliding with other fixing devices.
7. Lift the spare electrode above the electrode to be connected, aim at the electrode hole and then slowly drop down; Rotate the standby electrode, so that the spiral hook and electrode together turn down; When the distance between the two electrode ends is 10-20mm, the two electrode ends and the exposed part of the joint are cleaned again with compressed air. When the electrode is completely lowered at last, it should not be too violent, otherwise, the thread of the electrode hole and the joint will be damaged due to the violent collision.
8. Twine the spare electrode with a torque wrench until the end faces of the two electrodes are in close contact (the correct connection crack between the electrode and the joint is less than 0.05mm).